The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000 Switches (IE 2000) Series may be a range of compact, ruggedized access switches that handle security, voice, and video traffic across industrial networks. they supply customers in industries like automotive, oil and gas, mining, transportation, and energy with highly secure access and industry-leading convergence using Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP).
The Cisco IE 2000 Series are designed for low cost, low ports, and little sizes. They offer:
- Four, eight, or 16 10 / 100Base-T Ethernet ports (Small Form-Factor Pluggable [SFP] downlinks on selected models); fixed configurations with a compact form factor
Two gigabit combo ports: SFP (100 Mbps and 1 Gbps) or RJ45 uplink
- Dual-input DC power supply, alarm relays, DIN rail mount
- Industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) solution
- Conformal coating SKUs available (IE-2000-16TC-G-X and IE-2000-16PTC-G- NX)
- Swappable SD flash card and mini-USB connector
- Industrial environmental compliance and certifications
Industrial partner applications: Ethernet / IP and PROFINET
Primary benefits and features:
Easy deployment: Zero-touch discovery using Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), auto sync to SD card, express setup, and fast boot-up time (60 seconds) to assist in migrating to an Ethernet environment without resistance.
Security: 802.1x, port security, and DHCP allow dynamic port-based authentication; Secure Shell (SSHv2); SNMPv3 provides encrypted administrator traffic during Telnet and SNMP sessions; TACACS + and RADIUS authentication facilitate centralized control and restrict unauthorized users.
Resiliency: Cisco REP ring protocol and PROFINET– Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)
Manageability: Cisco DNA Center software, Auto SmartPort, Web Device Manager, Telnet, HTTPS access, SNMP, CNA, and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
Network Address Translation (NAT): Line-rate, hardware-enabled 1: 1 static address translation designed to enable duplicate IP address usage within the Layer 2 machine node networks.
Layer 3 routing: IPv4 and IPv6.
Industrial PoE: PoE (IEEE 802.af) and PoE + (802.3at) supported on selected models.
Industrial automation protocols: EtherNet / IP (CIP) and PROFINET MRP (IEC 62439-2) allow integration with existing management platforms from Rockwell, Siemens, et al.
Switch performance and scalability
- Maximum Forwarding Bandwidth 3.8Gbps
- Maximum Switching Bandwidth 7.6Gbps
- Maximum Forwarding rate: 5.66Mpps with 64-byte packets (Line-rate in the least packet sizes)
- Egress buffer: 2 MB
- Unicast MAC addresses: 8000
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) multicast groups: 255
- Maximum virtual LANs (VLANs): 1005
- IPv4 Security ACE MAC: 384 (Content Addressable Ternary Memory [TCAM] Default Template)
- Bidirectional, 128 NAT translation entries
- IPv4 routing: 3500 routes, IPv6 routing: 1750 routes
Detailed product information
Switch Models F and Table 1 shows the configuration information for the Cisco IE 2000 Series. lists the SKUs for power supplies and license updates. Table 3 lists the specifications for the IE 2000 Series products. Table 4 lists the software features. Table 6 lists the Cisco DNA Essentials PIDs available for order. Table 7 includes compliance specifications. Table 8 describes the relevant industry standards and management.
Service and support
Cisco is committed to reducing your total cost of ownership (TCO). we provide a portfolio of technical support services to assist make sure that products run efficiently, remain highly available, and enjoy the foremost up-to-date system software. The services and support programs described in Table 10 are available as a part of the Cisco Desktop Switching Service and Support Solution and are available directly from Cisco through resellers.
Convergence of industrial and business networks
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000 Switches extend the proven Cisco Catalyst technologies prevalent in enterprise networks to industrial networks. Superior security, video and voice services are thus extended to industrial applications. These switches are also rugged, easy to manage, resilient, and enhanced by supporting industry protocols.